Thursday, May 3, 2012


When we first pulled up to St. John's The Divine today, I really didn't think much of it. After I took a good look at the artwork around the church I couldn't take my eyes off the building for one moment. So much detail when into creating the cathedral from the doors, to the windows and even to the floor. One thing that really caught my eye was the The Great Rose Window. It sits at the top of the cathedral on the far west end. From where we were standing it didnt look all that big. The very center of the window is 5'7" and has a small ledge that a person could sit on if we could get up there and is also it is 40 feet across. To me the detail that went into designing this window was beautiful and very time consuming work. A lot of thought was put into this. The 16 petals that fan out all contain angels that are facing toward the center which is where Jesus sits. Seeing this glass window it tells me that you really cant judge a book by its cover. Always have an open mind to whatever the world may throw at you.

No comments:

Post a Comment