Friday, May 4, 2012

Day 3

The CFR today was more interesting than I imagined it being. I can't pay attention when I just sit there and listen to people talk, but at the CFR it was more of a conversation between us and Mr. Husain. It was a very interesting conversation and I learned a lot about foreign relations.

The CFR was more interesting than I thought it was going to be, however the Intrepid was more boring than I thought it would be. It was cool to look at the stuff that was there, but I would have rather had a tour guide show us around to learn more about the exhibits and the ship. I still thought it was awesome and a great sight to see, I just think that it could have been better.

After the Intrepid we headed into chinatown which I thought was perfect for the world geography class. We got to see a lot of foods, shops, and people from a different culture. Some people even did some shopping.

We had the chance to drive around a little bit before we ate and go see the rockefeller, which I thought was really cool. New York as all these skyscrappers and I was really glad I got to see the view from the top instead of breaking my neck to look up at them all. We even came up with the great idea of put ziplines from building to building. Although I dont think the idea would look as good in real life as it does on paper.

Tonights dinner was really good. Im still debating whether I liked ellen's stardust diner or Sabarros better. My favorite was probably the pizza. Its amazing how common foods like pizza and hot dogs taste so much better than back home. I was really surprised when I got my first hot dog from a street vendor.

After we ate we had one last chance to visit times square and do a little shopping. This was probably my favorite day in times square because we had a lot more time and got the chance to go more places. It was also Friday night so we got to see the square when it was really alive.

Todays driver was the best driver we have had on the trip. Not because the others were bad drivers, but because he interacted with us and had fun with the group. On the way back to the hotel tonight he turned up the music and was playing with the lights inside the bus. The whole group was singing along with the radio. I can say that is the most fun Ive had on a bus.

I really enjoyed this whole trip and Im disappointed that it is already to its end. Ive got the chance to bond with some people from Culver that honestly I probably would have never had more than a few conversations with if it wasnt for this trip. I also got the chance to explore one of America's greatest cities and learn a lot in a few short days.

I want to thank the school for giving us the opportunity to go on this trip, and the proffesors and tour guides for putting up with us students. I hope they had just as much fun as we did these past few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment