Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day 1

The first stop to our day was Ellis Island. It was cool to see how people first came to America. However, the living conditions when on the island looked terrible. I know that I would never be able to live that way, so what the immigrants went through was amazing. When we went to the UN I was a bit disappointed, what we got to see was truly an experience, but it would have been nice to see more. The best part of that UN to me was getting to see the general assembly. Seeing the 9/11 experience really hit home. You can hear about it all the time, but when you see it for yourself its a different experience. I can't imagine what people in New York were going through.

We ended the day by visiting Times Square which was an amazing sight. Walking around the street at 9pm and it looks like day light is just crazy. I look forward to going there again along with the rest of the sights on the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment